Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Good Boy Muffins

Family legend has it that after church on Sunday if you'd been a good boy, you'd get one of grandma's deliciously infamous Brown Sugar Muffins, hence the family name for these: Good Boy Muffins :) They're usually made with nuts, but I was out when I made these for dinner the other night. I love pecans in them, but walnuts are good as well :) Because my oldest doesn't care for nuts, I usually fill a few muffin cups with nut-less batter, then add the nuts, and put a whole pecan on top of each muffin to indicate which ones have the nuts in them. (Plus, you just can't go wrong with more pecans... or at least I think so ;) )
Good Boy Muffins
Mom Whitaker

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 scant cup milk
Nuts (optional)

Cream shortening, sugar, vanilla. Add egg, flour, soda, salt, milk, and nuts. Spoon into muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

No comments: